Frequently Asked Questions
This page contains important details regarding booking a Captain Supertooth visit. Please read this entire page prior to submitting our online Request Form.
Only children in Pre-K through third grade who reside in the state of Oklahoma are eligible for this program. For children of other ages or in other states, see our list of other online oral health education programs.
Teachers, principals, or school nurses can schedule visits for their schools/classes.
Event coordinators can request appearances for health fairs, day camps, or other child-focused events. (Limited availability.)
Visits generally last 25 minutes depending on the crowd size and interaction.
The ideal setting is a group of 75-100 students in a cafeteria or gym. We recommend dividing the students by grade level, so the Captain can adapt the presentation to suit the age of the students. Single or multiple performances are available. The Captain Supertooth Coordinator will work with you to devise the best possible program for your students.
- Presentation venue (cafeteria, gym, classroom)
- Private changing room or enclosed area located close to the performance space where the Captain can change into his/her costume. (Cannot be student restroom but can be faculty restroom.)
- A table to set up in the performance space for use during the presentation. (card table or 6ft. table, etc.)
Captain Supertooth is a program of the Delta Dental of Oklahoma Foundation and is provided free of charge.
- Teacher must be present during the visit.
- Schools must be located in the state of Oklahoma
- Children must be in one of the following grades: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Teacher must request visit by using our online booking form.
The Captain's presentation is developmentally designed to effectively communicate oral health basics to children ages 4-8. Students beyond 3rd grade tend to be "too cool" for a costumed superhero.
Captain Supertooth will deliver toothbrushes to the classroom when the visit occurs.
If cancellation or rescheduling is necessary, please contact us as far in advance as possible.
Contact Teri Bachhofer at CaptainSupertooth@deltadentalok.org or (405) 607-2138.
Use our online booking form to request a visit or special event appearance.
For assistance, email us at CaptainSupertooth@deltadentalok.org (preferred) or call the Delta Dental of Oklahoma Foundation at:
OKC Metro: (405) 607-2138
Toll Free: (800) 522-0188, Ext. 138